At Home in Somers is one of a growing number of organizations in the United States dedicated to the goal of "aging-in-place", that is, helping people live in their own homes, independently, comfortably, and safely, as they age.
Membership Benefits Include:
- discounts with our many trusted local merchants, service providers and local restaurants
- social,cultural and recreational programs at reduced rates
- free programs on interesting topics and informational sessions on critical issues for seniors
- access to volunteers for help with shopping, errands and pet/plant care
- referrals to vetted services for assistance with computers, home management and handy man services
- home safety check
- opportunities to volunteer in the community
- transportation for medical/dental appointments within our area
Visit or Phone Call from one of our volunteers
- assurance that help and support are only a phone call away: 914-719-2082 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our "Person to Person" Committee hosts monthly informal social gatherings the first Monday of each month at the Van Tassell House on Route 138.
A "First Friday" Discussion group meets at the Van Tassel house at 10 a.m. For more information please contact Valerie at 276-3146.
Come to one of our monthly meetings to socialize, a great way to see what we are all about.
We look forward to you joining us as either a member or volunteer.